Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dealing with Frustration! Part 3!





 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."    (Rom 7:19)



               In our last study, we saw how we need to renew our minds. We, also, saw that we need to arrest the thoughts that are not pleasing to God and to put them under our feet. Brethren, letting this mind be in you which is the mind of Christ takes work. Our salvation is work! I am, not, saying that you have to work your way to get saved. That is, already, done through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. We are saved by grace through faith and that is the gift of God. When you confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you were saved. (Eph 2:8-9, Rom 10:9-10) 
              Having established this, We need to work our salvation through 
soul and body. Yes, the Spirit Man was saved the moment you received Christ, but the soul (mind, will and emotions) as well as the body needs to get saved. This misunderstanding has given way to legalistic doctrines of works and not faith. The word says that we are seated in heavenly places---That is a spiritual fact. We are not doing all we can to make heaven our home. Heaven is our home! It is already settled in the spirit, but the soul is a different story! There is a difference, my friends, between soul and spirit. (Heb 4:12) 
       Many will accuse me and others of saying that we are preaching grace as an excuse to sin. The true Christian does not want to sin and to be fair to this argument, the word says to work our Salvation with fear and trembling.(Phil 2;12) Why? Because not renewing our minds on a consistent basis will make us enemies of Christ. Think about it---Would Christ allow an enemy to enter his kingdom? Mind renewal is work, so let's not get lazy and say that I am an old sinner saved by grace and not do our part. That is damning to the soul and will get you in hell. Remember there are no lazy people in heaven,either! 
       I know that this is not a popular theme--Losing your salvation, but we need to work at mind renewal on a consistent basis. As long as you work at this, even when you fall, there is grace. Grace is there on the condition that  you confess your sin and dust yourself off! Why? First, of all, the moment you confessed your sin, you got rid of it. Second, because with working on mind renewal, you are putting away the sin consciousness way of life and being God-inside minded. Remember you are the righteousness of God! Develop an appetite for God's word. I remember a fellow minister who said that if you eat something you don't like, eventually, you will develop an appetite for it. Let's develop an appetite to the word. Then we will awake to righteousness and sin not. (I Cor 15:34) Confess the word daily and work on renewing the mind.....

Confession--I love righteousness and hate iniquity. I have the mind of Christ. I love what you love and hate what you hate. No habit, sin or circumstances is stronger than your word, for it is the anointing that breaks the yoke. I thank you that today I walk in victory for I am more than a conqueror---In Jesus name---Amen! (Heb 1:9) 


Verses provided by Biblegateway. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment