Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A wake up call.


Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.(Ps 82:3-4)

                          Greetings. These scriptures spoke to me as I conducted my daily Bible study. As I meditated on this, God told me that we as a body, need to wake up. I want to focus on the needy. Every day, a baby's life is terminated. Every day, innocent blood is shed. A baby cannot talk nor express the pain involved in the abortion process. Folks, blood has a voice and when it is shed in cold blood, it cries for vengeance. (Gen 4:10) 
                           Recently, a bill was introduced to abort a baby at 9 months.(1) Can you grasp this? 9 months! I do not want to get political because I have, always, believed that the donkey nor the elephant will save America but the lamb. Nonetheless, the body needs to wake up and be united. Yes, the above scriptures talk about the poor, too but we cannot look at the government to meet those needs.
                       Please do not misunderstand me, thank God for the government stepping in to help with the needy, but where is the church in the midst of this? Working with a phone ministry, my heart aches when I hear people who are about to get their lights cut off. Mortgages overdue and cars about to be repossessed. I asked them about their churches helping out and,in some cases, the church turns them down.
                   Just like Joseph, who stepped up the plate and used his wisdom to save Egypt so should the church raise up with wisdom to help others. I remember as a baby Christian, I had no money to fix my car but I spoke faith to it declaring that it was going to be repaired. A year had passed by and no car. Friends would ask about the car and when I said God was going to provide, they would snicker and smile.
                            I would depend on others for rides to the church and it was a challenge but God,always, provided. While on a Bible study, the Lord touched the heart of the area Pastor to raise money to repair my car. Then, a Christian mechanic came to my aid and fixed the car--free of charge! After the good deed was done, the area Pastor told me to be a blessing and provide rides to the church. God is so good.
        The church needs to rise up and lift up their voices against injustices. We need to go to our war rooms and pray. Pray that the evil of abortion would be eradicated from this country. Pray that the church would rise up in wisdom to provide answers to the body's financial problems. Together in unity, we can do it. God bless.

Note--To those who are reading and enjoying my posts, I would like to hear from you. I would, gladly, share our ministry's vision and direction. Feel free to contact me especially if there has been any issues in ordering my book. God bless. 

(1) http://www.truthandaction.org/100-democratic-senators-vote-for-abortion-9-months-pregnancy/

Finances got you down? Discover how to pray for your finances.....http://amzn.to/1lyY2BX
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment