Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Watch and pray.





"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matt 26:41)

                     My question to you is---Are you watching and praying? We, all, know that prayer is talking to God. Talking to God is good and we should do that on a frequent basis but are you watching? If you read the accounts of this chapter, Jesus was encouraging his disciples to stay awake while praying. I think we have, all, been guilty of this at one time or another. 

                      The question to ask is why would Jesus ask his disciples to watch in prayer? We need to be expecting something and that is a word from the Lord. My friends, don't just be praying because it is the right thing to do. Take some time to hear a word from God. 

"And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?" (Matt 26:40)

                      As we look at the verse above, Jesus mentioned one hour. We need to learn from Jesus. Jesus was a master veteran at prayer. There were times that he prayed all night. I am sure he was watching as well. We need to learn how to add the watching to our prayers and we can do that in one hour's time. 

                    We need to make it a habit to spend at least one hour in prayer. When I spend an hour in prayer, I include a time to study the word during that space of time. God is talking to us 24/7 through his word and we need to learn to hear from him taking advantage of our study in the word. 

                         When I study the word, I ask myself, Lord what are you trying to tell me in these Bible passages? You would be surprised at what he has to say. Perhaps, there is another way that God would tell you to watch?  Maybe, he would have you to be quiet in his presence. Whatever method he shows you, stay with it. 

                   Having a persistent prayer time is essential for us. Let us spend time praying, also, for one another. Take some time to watch and pray. I have enclosed a link below to elaborate more on that subject. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate you. God bless. 

For more on prayer, please click on this link below...
http://thechristiancorner.org/watching-in-prayer-can-save-a-life/

Verses courtesy of https://www.biblegateway.com/




                           

No comments:

Post a Comment