Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Your dreams can save your life.






" Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." (John 16:13)
          
                      I want you to pay attention to the verse above. God is real and so is his word. He wants to show you the future. I will share a testimony to show how real God has been in my life.

                  About more than 30 years ago, I was a Taxidriver working full-time and struggling to make a living. One day as I was taking a nap, I had a dream. I dreamed that I was laying on the floor on my back surrounded by people who hated me. They were debating whether or not to kill me. As I looked at myself in the dream, I was wearing white shoes. 

                   I don't know about you but when I have a dream in which I was going to be killed in cold blood, it is a nightmare. Shaken, I thought about this but did not pay much attention to it. I did not have a disciplined prayer life at the time to find out the meaning of the dream. A year later, I wanted to be involved in my church and get some training as an area Pastor. 

                    Soon, my enthusiasm soured. I needed to take some training on Sunday night. Sunday night was not on my agenda because as a Taxidriver, that was the night where I made most of my money. Soon, I developed an attitude against the church because they could not adjust it to my schedule. 

                   I did not know it at the time, but I was hardening my heart towards the calling that God had for me. Believe it or not, the Lord has a way to call your attention and on one particular night, he did. I was working well into the night on my job and I had an urge to pray in the Holy Spirit. 

                The prayer was a very intense one. It felt like my life was on the line and little did I know how prophetic that thought would be. As I was about to call it a night on my last fare, I got set up. A guy pulled up a .38 and shot me. The bullet hit my arm. 

                    The Holy Spirit impressed me to lower my head and at that moment, another shot hit the driver side of my vehicle. Glass was scattered all over and the Holy Spirit protected my face that night. When I got treated for my wound, the doctor said that it was an inch from the main artery. I credit prayer for saving my life. 

                  Concerning the dream? It would not be until 30 years later that I would have a full understanding of it. The Lord was trying to warn me of a future event. Had I spent some time praying and seeking God's face, I could have avoided a possible tragedy. The Lord showed me that the fall symbolized my falling away from him and the white shoes showed me his righteousness.

                     It was my being the righteousness  of  God in Christ that, actually, saved my life. The word says that my sheep hears my voice. The fact that God, in his mercy, prompted me to pray helped saved my life. Friends, please pay attention to your dreams. It may save your life. God bless.






                  

                

                        


I
                         

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment