Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Is Tomorrow promised to us?



                                         My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. (Prov 3:1-2)


                                Death! It is a reality. Should the Lord tarry his coming, all of us are going to die. The question is when? Nobody likes to talk about death, but we face it every day. The death of a friend or loved one. The death of a well known personality. People are dying every day around the world, but one thing I want to address and that is about the statement---Tomorrow is not promised to us.
                          Allow me to burst your bubble and, at the same time, bring you some good news---Tomorrow can be promised to you! If you look at the above verses (Prov 3:1-2), you will find that following God's ways will lead to long life and that was under the Old covenant! The word says that we have a new covenant with new and better promises (1). So, friend, If you are a Christian and walk in the ways of the Lord, tomorrow can be promised to you!
                        Did you know that you can die before your time? That is a fact. Let's look at the verse below...
                       " Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?" (Ecc 7:17) 
            From what I read in this verse, you can die before your time. Why? Be cause wickedness and foolishness will cut years from your life. Brethren, God wants us to have a long life and serve him. In fact, living long will satisfy the Lord.(2) The other question is why do people die young? First, a lack of knowledge(3). What you don't know can kill you. Second, if you are not a Christian, tomorrow is not promised to you. You do not have a covenant with God. God is not obligated to give you long life. Third, the word says we walk by faith and not by sight.(4). The fact that a Christian dies young does not negate the word. His promises still stands. 
                   A good example to this is II Peter 3:9. God is not willing that people die and perish in their sins, but everyday people die and go to hell. The sad fact is that they don't have to. Receiving Jesus is the key(5), but God respects the human will. The same holds true for all of his promises. We have to receive the word and then act on it. Faith without works is dead.(6)
                    We have got to stop looking at God's ways as just a bingo game. People say that when your number is up, that's it! Well, allow me to disagree. When you have a calling to fulfill--You should not die before fulfilling your calling. All of us in the body have a calling to fulfill and that is a fact. Look at the verse below----

"  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints" (Eph 1:18) 

                  It is a sad fact that the majority of good, spirit-filled Christians do not know their calling. It is even sadder that a large group of them, actually, die without knowing their calling. God's wants us to know his will for our lives. Ask God to reveal his calling to your life and how to fulfill it. Pray the prayer of Ephesians over yourself everyday and I assure you---You will find your calling and place in the Lord! 
               So in this morning, know that you have a calling to fulfill. Know that until you fulfill your calling, tomorrow is indeed promised to you! I want to challenge you in this day---If you are not a Christian and you are reading this, you can enjoy life to the fullest! Write a new page in your life and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Pray the prayer in this link and step into the most exciting adventure of your life! (http://wordandgrace.blogspot.com/2012/05/sinners-prayer.html) Make Jesus the Lord of your life today while there is still time--God bless! 

Prayer: Dear Lord, Thank you for speaking to me in this day. Thank you that you want to show me your calling for my life. Lord, show me what is my calling and my inheritance in the saints. Help me to fulfill my calling and forgive me for speaking foolish things. I bind every foolish word that I have spoken and render it void and useless. I declare in this day that my tomorrow is promised and I will fulfill your calling and purposes for my life. In Jesus name---Amen! 

Scriptures--
(1) Heb 8:6
(2) Ps 91:16
(3) Hosea 4:6
(4) I Cor 5:7
(5) John 1:12
(6) James 2:20


            
               


No comments:

Post a Comment