Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Lord or Savior?


 
            Seeking his hand or seeking his face? 

 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. "
                (Matt 7:21-23)
             
            My friends, in this  short devotional, you need to ask yourself ---Where are you in your walk with the Lord? Yes, Salvation is free and available to all but is Jesus your Lord? Paul said that he travailed  in birth again until Christ be formed in you. (Gal 4:19) This letter was written to Christians then and it speaks to us now. Paul had a Pastor’s heart. He was concerned over the state of their souls. He wanted to see Christ formed in them.
       There is a molding process of Christ being formed in us. Some will yield different levels of growth but in order to grow, we need to get past Salvation and unto Lordship. Don’t look at God like a magic genie or just seek his hand. Yes, God is merciful and he does answer prayers but what are you doing to grow? 
           What are you doing to have Christ formed in you? Remember Matt 7:21-23--These people were saved and had a right to his power but never made him Lord over their lives. As you read the end of this account, you find out where they ended up. I am not trying to put fear or a guilt trip on anyone but what I am saying is scripture. The apostle Paul with all his great works and miracles said that I may know him and the power of his resurrection. 
          So, in this day, put aside your wants and needs in second place. Ask--What is my calling for my life and my assignment? That is the starting point of putting Jesus Lord of your life. Seek his face and not his hand only and you will enter a dimension in prayer that will be second to none. God bless you.


If you are not saved and would like a fresh start, go to ....http://bit.ly/1XK7vXO

Visit our facebook page under Word and Grace.(The one that has the world on it)

No comments:

Post a Comment