Thursday, January 2, 2014

You are destined to win!

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." (Rom 8:37)

               Win! A three letter word that we like to hear. Some people say that wining is everything. The above verse says it all, we are, not only, destined to win, but we are more than conquerors! Think about that for a moment...MORE THAN CONQUERORS! When thinking about this, I think of a heavyweight boxer who is fighting for a world heavyweight crown. He puts in hours of work and toil to prepare himself for the most important fight of his life.
                   A lot is at risk. His reputation. His future, plus a shot at some big time money--Millions of dollars! Enough for him and his family to live a comfortable lifestyle for the rest of their lives. He steps into the ring and is all business. After a few rounds, he wins by a knockout and brings home the money and the championship. He is a conqueror. He stays with the crown and his wife stay with his money. She is more than a conqueror.
                  We, are symbolic of that wife. The church has been compared to a bride. Not only that, but we are joint heirs with Christ. Everything that Christ has obtained thru his death, burial and resurrection have now become ours. Now, let's go to another dimension. The dimension of reality. Is your life showing that you are more than a conqueror?
                  We, all, have issues that we face and have to overcome. No one is immune from the issues of life. Some are big and some are small, but yet they are issues. The apostle Paul had some issues. There was a particular habit that kept on stumbling him in his Christian walk. What was that issue? It does not say, but this great man of God had some issues that was troubling him. (Rom 7:15-24)
                Many have been frustrated and have been discouraged. Many have backslidden from God and went back into the world. If you are in one of these two categories---I got some good news. God is not finished with you, yet. There is hope and a way out!
              Personally, I myself, had some issues and I am not perfect by no means, but I learned to tap into Paul's revelation. Paul knew that by himself, he was helpless. There are two steps to consider--RECOGNIZE THE ISSUE AND REALIZE THAT YOU CANNOT OVERCOME IT BY YOUR OWN STRENGTH! What's the answer---Faith!
                Paul saw the answer. The answer was in the mind. How do you see yourself? The word of God tells us that we have the mind of Christ. Paul, in spite of his shortcomings, saw himself victorious. He saw himself free from the law of sin and death! (Rom 8:2-7) We need to,not,let go of our identification in spite of the circumstances that is surrounding us. 
            As we confess who we are in Christ, his power will rise up within us and help us to overcome circumstances and move us from glory to glory!(II Cor 3:18) God's word is the mirror that we need. As we see ourselves in the image of God through our confession, that living word will start taking hold of our minds, thoughts and desires. In this day, make it a point to be identified with him, meditating on his promises. Your life will take on a new dimension. In my next devotional, we will see how God's word transformed Abraham! God bless. 

Prayer---Lord, Thank you for your grace. Please forgive me for my sins and shortcomings. Point out any issues that stands between me and you. Lord, help me to see myself as more than a conqueror. When I feel weak, I will say that I am strong. I have the mind of Christ. I bind my thoughts,desires and wants to be in line with your word. I am more than a conqueror. Thank you, Father, for seating me in heavenly places. I rule and reign over my flesh and mind through the power of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus name---Amen! 

Bible verses provided by www.biblegateway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment