Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Don't miss out-----Part 2


For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.(I Cor 14:2)



          In our last study, we found out how praying in tongues is a strong tool to have. It provides guidance, instruction and wisdom. It will even help you find misplaced items--Praise God! In today's study, we will see how praying in tongues can mean the difference between life and death. 
              The devil takes advantage of our ignorance and can kill us before our time. (Ecc 7:17) This Que Sera, Sera attitude has got to leave the body of Christ. You can change your destiny and be victorious over the circumstances of life. In fact, God gives you insight on how you will come out in life---More than a conqueror. This Que Sera attitude is dangerous and can cost us in the end.
               When you pray in tongues, it will cause you to be sensitive to God. Years ago, I was a cab driver in the city of Norfolk. One night when I came to work, the Holy Spirit for some unexplained reason caused me to pray in tongues for hours. It was intense and I felt a big battle raging.
             That same night at the end of my shift, the Holy Spirit was telling me to go home. I was hardheaded and did not go. To make a long story short, I was shot in a botched up robbery attempt. I was hit in the arm once.
            I prayed in tongues during this ordeal and felt a hand lowing my head by the driver's side. Another shot went by the driver's side and shattered the glass. I felt the bullet whizzing by my head. Brethren, did you know that in spite of the glass being shattered, I, only, had a few scratches on my face? The police came and I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. The doctors took an x-ray of my arm and found that the shot, narrowly, missed a main artery on my arm. 
               I credit praying in tongues for my deliverance. The Holy Spirit knew, beforehand, what was going to happen and prevented a tragedy. In my next devotional, I will share how praying in tongues saved my son's life. So, friend, pray in tongues...It may just save your life in the end. I have enclosed an extra link about my cab driving experiences for your extra reading pleasure. I love you, all, in the Lord and God bless.

Bible verses courtesy of www.biblegateway.com

My life as a cab driver...

No comments:

Post a Comment