Monday, February 23, 2015

Pastor's notes----02/23/2015

                                                 
                               

                                    The Enemy within
                               Image courtesy of pat138241 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net


                       I know what you are thinking when you see this picture above---Satan! Beloved, that is not who I am talking about. That picture should have your face in there. Why? Because what I am talking about is your flesh. We need to put things in proper perspective. Many Christians blame their sinful acts on the devil. In fact, a popular comedian invented the phrase--The devil made me do it. 
                 The fact of the matter is the devil is not forcing anyone to sin. Yes, the devil tempts us and works on our mind, but the true enemy is our flesh. I remember years ago, there was a Sci-Fi series called Star Trek. They had one great particular episode entitled--The enemy within. Captain Kirk was on a mission and he got zapped with a transponder and it split him up into two beings--One good and the other bad, 
                  The episode became interesting in that the evil twin started to cause confusion and tried to harm the people on the Star ship. Finally, the episode ends with the transponder ray restoring the two into one and we have a happy ending. The same is with us. When we do not renew the mind daily, the effects of sin takes over. Soon, before you know it the fleshly nature kicks in and we start acting carnal. 
               Friend, The flesh, in itself, is not bad. It is just its sinful nature. You can subjugate the enemy (Flesh) into doing God's will. The fact of the matter is simply this, when we got baptized in water, we buried the sinful fleshly nature. ( Col 2:12-13) Again, the problem is the unrenewed mind. It's effects will set the "Transponder rays of sin" into effect resurrecting the fleshly nature. We need to let the spirit man take control so that the flesh can merge into one under the dominion of Christ. 
               Consider this verse---"But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil" (Heb 5:14)  You can train your flesh to obey God's word, bury its sinful nature and have victory in your life. A one-time deal will not do. This has to be a daily walk with the Lord. That is why it is important to develop the mind of Christ in your life. The word Christ mean yoke breaking, burden removing power and it is in your mind, but you got to allow it to operate within you! (Phil 2:5) So, in this day, decide that you will allow the power of Christ to work inside of your mind. Take every thought captive and nip it in the bud, for then, you will enjoy God's best for your life. 

Prayer---Father God, thank you for speaking to me. Forgive me for being carnal-minded. In this day, I allow the mind of Christ to work in me. I declare that the old man is buried by baptism and that I walk in newness of life. I take every thought that is contrary to your word captive. I command my mind, desires, will and emotion to be in line with your word. I have the mind of Christ. His yoke breaking, burden removing power is in me and I walk in victory today! In Jesus name--Amen! 


                    

No comments:

Post a Comment