Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pastor's notes---02/24/2015

                                                                     
                             
                                 A door from heaven is here--Will you open that door today?
                                         Image courtesy of nattavut at FreeDigitalPhotos.net



                                                         Days of Heaven on Earth

                      Many Christians think that the Christian life is a hard one, filled with tribulations and problems with no end. While I do not want to diminish the fact that we will face difficulties and challenges, we need to see the other side of the coin. Yes, we know that the more we get closer to God, the more the enemy fights us. Sad to say, we sound like we have more confidence in the devil than God. We need to rejoice in what God has done for us through Christ.
                     Yes, friends, the devil is real. He is out to steal the word from our hearts and strike us with many afflictions but God has the last word. He knows the end from the beginning and he says that we are more than conquerors--Case closed! ( Rom 8:37) You can enjoy God's rest from problems, get refreshed and move on to the next trial, knowing that we can have victory in Christ.
                                    Everywhere I go, I hear talks of pessimism on how America is going down the drain. God has to show us, time after time, that if we pray, we can see results.Who can remember the famous Y2K episode? I know many well-known ministries who were selling food for the end times. Many were prophesying that we were going to go through hard times. What happened? The year 2,000 came and we survived--Praise God! Back in the 60's, there was talk of America going down. What happened? We had a tremendous move of God among the hippies and now some are preaching the gospel. We, as a body, need to stop being influenced by fear and moved more by the faith of God.
                       The word commands us to pray for our leaders. Why? That it may be quiet and peaceful with us! That shows me that we can influence the decisions that our leaders make through prayer. God does not want his word hindered and he will remove those in power who do so. (Ps 105:14) The realm of prayer is so powerful that it can change the course of destiny in a person or nation. So, stop fearing. Start seeking the Lord in prayer so that we can pray for our nation and loved ones.
                    I will end with one of my favorite verses. In Deut 11:21, God wants us to sample heaven. I like to go to the supermarkets, especially when they are giving free food samples. I get a sample of what's to come if  I buy the product. We can sample a little of heaven to make our day and you know what? It is free! We can see our days multiplied and have fun in the process. Life does not have to be all doom and gloom. We can rejoice in our toughest trial because in the end, we knows who wins. Glory to God, you are a winner and it is time to act like one. God bless.

Prayer--Heavenly Father, Thank you for your word. Teach me more about prayer. Forgive me for fearing and worrying about the future. Teach me to pray for those in authority. Teach me how to pray for this nation and my loved ones. Thank you, Lord, because I am the head and not the tail. I am more than a conqueror and I am sampling heaven in my life today because I am your child, In Jesus name, Amen.

Check out our website--www.wordandgrace56.com
Feel free to browse around and give us some feedback.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment