Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pastor's Thoughts---Feb 18, 2015



                                                   Are you frustrated?
               Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net 
   
                           There are many Christians who are frustrated and feeling down. Why? Because they find that living the Christian life is impossible. They want to serve God and grow but they find, themselves, stumbling over some weakness. Let's face it, we have strengths and we have weaknesses. While I am not trying to downplay sin as weakness but the fact of the matter is that we have those areas in our lives to deal with. How many times have you determined not to fall and wind up doing it not once but 2 or 3 times in a row. That can be frustrating, 
                           When I talk about weakness, it does not have to be one of those great big sins (Adultery, murders, etc.) It can be small like overeating, gossiping or just plain being lazy to mention a few. The word says it is the small foxes that spoil the vine and small things like that can amount to big things in the future. The Apostle Paul faced a situation in which he was dealing with a weakness. It was eating at his insides. He wanted to please God but was frustrated. You can see it in his writings. (Rom 7:19-20) 
                              In chapter 8, we see the Apostle singing a different tune. He uncovers an important revelation. (Rom 8:1-6) My friends, in order to be victorious , we need to define our battles and identify the enemy. In Verse 6, he gives us the key----to be spiritually minded is life and peace. I remember years ago, a famous comedian by the name of Flip Wilson, who used to be famous for his line---The devil made me do it. He would dress up as a country preacher and bring laughter to many, but friends, sin is no laughing matter. It has consequences and will hurt us in the long run.
                      In dealing with sin and weakness, Paul does not mention the devil at all. He mentions the carnal mind. While I do not want to downplay the devil and his devices, we need to have a discerning spirit. Many things that are attributed to the devil is really just the flesh. Paul went to the source and addressed it. Rom 12:2 commands us to renew our minds. Why? Because that is the battleground for either victory or defeat. Let us learn from Paul and decide to renew our minds today. Live a life of victory and see your life change for the better. God bless...
Prayer--Father, I come to you recognizing that I am weak in certain areas. I ask you to forgive me if I have been discouraged and given up. I know that your mercies are new every day. In this day, I command my thoughts, will and emotions to line up to the word. I command my soulish area to obey God. I have the mind of Christ. I draw upon his wisdom, revelation and knowledge to live a life of victory. I am seated with Christ in the heavenlies and I reign over sin, the flesh, sickness and financial oppression. Victory is mine in Jesus Name---Amen!     

Check out our link...http://www.prayerswithpower.com
Feel free to browse around for prayers, teaching and even food recipes on links.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment