Sunday, May 20, 2012

Entering into his rest!


Stress, Anxieties and worries! It's all around us. It is, almost, impossible to not worry because when we wake up, problems are staring at us face to face. I HAVE GOOD NEWS! We have a God who specializes in the impossible. But what's the catch? Trust!
I realize that humans beings are visual. It is hard to trust in a invisible being, but let me tell you-JESUS IS REAL! Evidence of it are all around us. When he created the heavens and earth, he used his words.(Gen 1) Scientifically speaking, it has been discovered that objects in the earth and space were formed by sounds. That sound had to come somewhere and it did! It came from God!
So, if the God of this universe holds all things by the word of his power, why worry? One thing is because we are creatures of habit. Our grandparents and parents worry. If you don't worry, you don't care, but that is not true. I am not saying to ignore the problem, but to place them in the hands of Jesus.
Perhaps you are facing a giant of a problem. You are not alone. The Jews were promised a land of milk and honey by God, but what happened? Giants were in the land. Can you imagine fighting a seasoned warrior that stood 10 foot tall? No wonder they were afraid. Going back to Egypt was not looking like a bad idea then.
Have you lost your job and saw your finances thinned out? Have you been given a report of a terminal disease and have just days to live? Has your husband/wife wants to call it quits after 20 years of marriage? These are some of the giants we must face. Worry and stress will just add to the problem. We need to learn how to enter into his rest.
Jesus spoke of that rest. We need to learn more about the word and what it says about entering into that rest. That rest in which we learn how to leave our problems in God's hand and see results. Our minds needs some new "software". Let's learn to control our thoughts and see God move in the midst of our problems.

Scripture reading: Numbers 14:1-38
Matt 11: 28-30
Prayer: Dear Lord, Thank you for speaking through your word. Forgive me for worrying. Forgive me for having fear. You have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and strong mind. I enter today into your rest. I give unto you all my problems, worries and concerns. I take your yoke upon me. Teach me, Lord, to find rest unto my soul. Your yoke is easy and your burden is light. I enter and receive your rest for me today. In Jesus name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment