Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WHAT KIND OF BOOK DO I WANT TO WRITE?


 " Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name." (Mal 3:16)
                                            Pastor Terry Santos
                                            Guest blogger

                               Who wants to be an author? "Oh, but I can't write!"---You might say! We are all writing a book every time we open our mouths to speak. (1) Malachi 3:16 tells us that there is a book of remembrance in God's presence. Every time we speak, God writes it down. If we speak lack and disbelief, he writes it down. If we speak faith, love, forgiveness, etc---He writes it down. Let's look at the following verse---
              " Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?" (Psalms 56:8)
                           
                 Our lives are an open book before the Lord. He, even, records our sorrows! My question to you is--WHAT KIND OF BOOK DO I WANT TO WRITE? A book that will bless others? 
A book that will glorify the Lord or do I want to write a book that will discourage others? A book that will blaspheme the name of God? As far as I'm concerned, I want to write a book that will honor the Lord! Remember that every word you speak is recorded in his book! The word says that we are living epistles. (II Cor 3:2-3) You are a letter, read by everyone you meet.
                     I like reading a good book! Don't you? We want to be the kind of book that no one can put down.  Also, there is no cliffhangers in God's book. The word says ---WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS! We win and the devil loses! That to me is a good ending! So, in this day, decide that you are going to be a book that will glorify God and bring others to Christ! God bless!
               
(1) Ps 45:1
Verses used courtesy of www.biblegateway.com
                     








            

No comments:

Post a Comment