Friday, May 18, 2012

What kind of fire do you have?



"And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD." (Lev 10:1-2)

                       The question to ask yourself in this morning is what kind of fire do I have inside of me? Notice that, not approaching the presence of God correctly, costed Nadab and Abihu their lives! Why did God do this? If you read the rest of the story, most likely, they had consumed alcohol. Maybe Nabad and Abihu took it as a joke and were drunk. Brethern, approaching God's presence is serious business!
                         Perhaps you have been, secretly, burning for your neighbor's wife or husband and are drunk with sensual fire? Maybe, you are on fire for a new business and it consumes your mind and efforts so much that you do not have time for church? Brethren, please don't misunderstand me-God wants us to prosper and have our own busiiness, but please don't let that take you from God's presence. Going to God with sin in your heart is like having strange fire. 
                             Put first things first. Talk to God and telll him about your problem. He is merciful. Repent and ask him for grace so that you won't fall into sin again. God's presence is serious business. In the old testament, the High Priest had better be right before he entered the Holy of Holies, else he would fall dead before God. How much so with us? We are the temple of the Holy Spirit and God has called us to be a holy priesthood. Perhaps there is not a physical death with many of us, but there is a spiritual. Perhaps you don't sense God as much as before? Perhaps your prayers have not been answered? It's  time to do some searching within our hearts. Let's get rid of strange fire and get the real one that will never fade away! God bless!


Scripture reading: Lev 10:1-10/I Peter 2:9/ I Cor 3:16/Heb 4:16

Prayer-Dear Lord, search me and show me if I have any strange fire so I can repent. Give me the grace to not fall into strange fire again. Renew in me a fire to serve you. Make me RED HOT so that I can approach your presence the right way. Thank you, Lord, for speaking to me today! In Jesus name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment