Sunday, May 20, 2012

The role of angels!



The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" 
                        (Rev 1:1) *


                    Today, let's take a look at the role of Angels. In the above passage, we see an Angel bringing a divine message to John, the apostle. These celestial creatures have different functions in the word. They ministered to Jesus after his 40 day fast. Protected Jesus from Herod's wrath and helped Israel win important battles, but did you know that Angels can protect us? There is one condition-Reverence!
                            " The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them." (Ps 34:7)*
                      When we see the word fear, it doesn't mean to fear God literally, it implies respect. God compares his relationship as a Father to us. A good father doesn't intimidate and mistreats his son. A good father will command respect. A son should not fear approaching his father and spending time with him, but have a respect that should he get out of line, there are consequences to face! Such should be our relationship with Father God!
                            We hear testimonies of how God has protected believers many times in life. I, personally, have seen times that Angels of God has protected us and our family. There is one condition-Reverence him! Getting out of line with God will leave the door open to the enemy and leave you defenseless. 
             So, in this day, let us examine ourselves for areas in which we might have gotten out of line with God. I realize that nobody's perfect, but spending time in his presence will help us get the grace needed in time of help. Jesus is our mediator and we can come to him to make it right. It can be, in the long run, a matter of life and death. God bless!


*Verses provided by www.biblegateway.com


Scripture readings: Matt 1:13-15
                           Matt 4: 1-11


Prayer-"Dear Lord, search my heart. Reveal to me areas of disobedience in my life. Show me if I had gotten distracted from serving you. Lord, forgive me of any sin that stands between you and me. Wash me in your blood. Give me the grace to help me in time of need. Thank you, Lord, for speaking to me-In Jesus name, AMEN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment