Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rising above your circumstances!



                             Problems are everywhere in life. People are getting laid off, unemployment benefits are running out and health problems are prevalent in this society. One thing is for sure, for the Christian, there is an answer. The answer is in God's word. 
                     Take for example, Paul the apostle! Put in jail for preaching the word. In the midst of a dark dungeon, filled with rats, he said that he was a prisoner of the Lord Jesus. (Eph 4:1) Why would he say that? He was using the principle of mind renewal. He was rising above his circumstances and declaring that his thoughts were captured by God. 
         You can see it in Phil 4:4, he said to rejoice in the Lord -always! Not when you have money in your pockets. Not when you have health and everything is going well, but rejoice always!  Now, I want to make it clear, I am not teaching that you have to thank God for everything, because Jesus makes it clear in John 10:10, the devil is the one who causes adversity to come our way. His aim is to cause tests and tribulations to rob us of the word! (Luke 8:13)
              Jesus made it clear-Render to God what is God! Let's stop this nonsense of crediting God for our sickness and  mishaps in life.  This traditional teaching has been keeping the body in bondage and prevented us from walking in victory! There are different prisons in life. Some are in a prison of debt. Some are in a prison of sickness. There are some, who are bound with a bad habit-but rejoice! Why? There is power in joy! It is your strength. (Neh 8:10)  Take Paul and Silas! Beaten with whips and left in a dungeon, they sang praises to God. All of a sudden, there was a great earthquake and they were free. The power of praise will change your circumstances and set you free from your prison! Dare to praise God in the midst of your circumstances and you will see a change soon! 


Scripture reading: Luke 8:5-15


Prayer-"Dear Lord, Thank you for speaking to me through your word. Help me to arrest my thoughts though your word. Help me to encourage myself in you. The joy of the Lord is my strength. I thank you for your power. I thank you that I rise above my circumstances. The prison of sickness, lack and oppression have been broken in my life. I am free and free indeed. Thank you, Father, for renewing my mind. In Jesus Name, Amen! "

No comments:

Post a Comment