Thursday, May 10, 2012

Get ready, get ready, get ready!



"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;"

                (I Peter 1:13)


            My title, "Get ready", is quoting TD Jakes! We need to be expecting great and mighty things in the Lord! My question to you is-How is your love life? 
That phrase was popular in the late '70's and '80s! I am,not, talking about your love life with your wife-I am talking about your love life with God!
            Does going to a prayer meeting bore you? Do you know what prayer the Pastor will pray? What song the worship team will play? Let's be real, sometimes, prayer can be boring but it doesn't have to be! For starters, we serve a God of surprises! We need to be in expectation mode!
            When I was leading prayer at my church, I would try to be open to the Spirit. There would be times in which I would tell the congregation to just forget about yourself and praise God! Sometimes, I would tell them to just be quiet before God. We need to expect God to move in our prayer services! We need to expect healings and, also, hear testimonies. Being open to God in our prayer services will enhance our love life with God and we will be expecting great and mighty things! Get ready, get ready, get ready!!!
              

No comments:

Post a Comment